Running Gentoo on the OSWALD
Currently the OSWALD runs RADIX which is a custom distribution of Linux built using the OpenEmbedded build environment as described on the OE page. However, we are looking at using Gentoo Linux as the base for RADIX 3. More information related to Gentoo development on the OSWALD will be posted here as we decide where development will go in the next couple weeks after we finish most of the work required to release and test RADIX 2 properly.
Old Gentoo cross compile info from Corbin
I got bored while waiting for Ozzies to flash, so I'm cross-compiling Gentoo packages to see what works and what doesn't. This is based off the list of packages in our OE kit.
- Need to establish exactly which utils need to be builtin to BB
- Collides with BB (fsck, blkid, chattr, lsattr, findfs)
- Dep shadow collides with BB (passwd, su, login)
- Dep debianutils collides with BB (run-parts)
- Collides with BB (top, ps, kill, pgrep)
Fails in configure:
Fails in compile:
- Dep java-config fails in compile.
- INPUT_DEVICES="evdev evtouch joystick keyboard mouse"
Dep libfontenc fails in compileFixed, see http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=268997
- Dep libX11 fails in compile
- The corresponding Gentoo package is called gnu-classpath.
- The corresponding Gentoo package is called joystick.