Welcome to the Robo Fridge Project
1 Project Overview
The purpose of this project is to modify a fridge that will launch a 12 ounce can to the user, as long as the user is in a fifteen foot radius of the fridge. The user will use a remote control to turn the fridge left and right. Once the fridge is turned such that it is directly facing the user, another button will be pressed to indicate that a beverage is desired. A door installed in the bottom of the fridge will then open, allowing one can to roll out into the air cannon. The door will then shut, ensuring that the remaining cans will remain inside the fridge at the desired temperature. A sonar sensor will emit a signal which will bounce off the user. The microcontroller will use the information from the sonar sensor to determine the distance between the fridge and the user. This distance will be displayed on LEDs. At this time the user can either increase the launch distance, decrease the launch distance, or launch the can. A warning will the be issued to the user that the can is about to be launched. An air compressor installed in the arm will apply the force needed to launch the can. The user should then prepare to catch the ice cold, refreshing, but slightly shook up beverage.
* Launching Distance: The can should be launched a minimum distance of 15 feet from the fridge.
* Launching Direction: The fridge should be able to launch the can in any direction.
* Accuracy: The can will reach the user nine out of ten times.
* Beverages Must Be Cold: The system should be able to get a can from inside the fridge, leaving beverages cold.
* User Interface: The fridge should be activated by a remote control input from the user.
* Pre-launch Warning: The fridge should warn the user before it launches a can.
* User Safe: The fridge should launch the can in a fashion such that the user can safely catch the can.
* Capacity: The capacity of the system will be no less than ten cans.
* Activation Time: After receiving the input from the user, the fridge will launch the can to the user in a timely manner.
* Error Handling: The user will be notified if there are no more cans in the fridge.
* Distance Display: The launch distance will be displayed to the user.
* Cool Down Indicator: The user will be notified when the system is in cool down mode.
* Emergency Pause Switch: If a can falls into the interior of the base, the circuitry will be protected.
* Visually Appealing: The system will be visually appealing.
Final Project Presentation
Kaylee Schmidt can be reached at email@example.com
O. Alejandro Nunez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Tennant can be reached at email@example.com
Sean Hewitt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.1 Power Supply
5.2 Controller Code
5.4 RF Receiver
5.5 Motor Driver
5.6 Air Compressor
5.9 Can Sensor
5.11 Distance Indicator
5.12 Air Cannon
5.13 Rotational Platform
5.14 Fridge Door
5.16 Cool Down Indicator
5.17 Emergency Pause Switch
5.18 LED Distance Indicator